Thursday, January 1, 2009

hooray for animal collective

if i could just leave my body for the night:
then we could be dancing
no more missing you while i'm gone
there we could be dancing
and you'd smile and say, "i like this song"
and when our eyes will meet there
we will recognize nothing's wrong
and i wouldn't feel so selfish
i won't be this way very long

/in the flowers
-
i don't mean
to seem like i care about material things
like our social stats
i just want
four walls and adobe slabs
for my girls

/my girls
-
if they're awake till the dawn, well we won't
fret that they don't have our eye
the ghosts came crowding around and then
i woke, you slept there on your side
from our window, two lanterns draw signs on the night
and light our two shadows i watch with delight
will i want them to be who they will be
or to be more like their dad?

will it be just like they're dreaming?
will it be just like i'm dreaming?

/also frightened
-
it doesn't really matter, i'll go where you feel
hunt for the breeze, get a midnight meal
i point in the windows, you point out the parks
rip off your sleeves and i'll ditch my socks
dance to the songs from the cars as they pass
weave through the cardboard, smell that trash
walking around in our summertime clothes,
nowhere to go while our bodies glow
and we'll greet the dawn in its morning blues
with purple yawns you'll be sleeping soon
and i want to walk around with you

/summertime clothes
-
just a sec more in my bed
hope the machine's working right
when it's just precisely tuned
that's how it comes out so nice

make sure my kid's got a dress
keys and coat and shoes and hat
strap a stroller to my back
bouncing along every crack

/daily routine
-
i'm getting lost in your curls
i'm drawing pictures on your skin, so soft it twirls
i like your looks when you get mean
i know i shouldn't say so but when you
claw me like a cat, i'm beaming
i like the way you squeeze my hand
pulling me into another dream,
a lucid dream.

/bluish
-
i really want to do just what my body needs to
the fact is that my thoughts about you had me just keeping far from you
i keep it locked in my eyes
i really want to show to my girl that i want her
the fact is that i thought you said you wanted to keep me here with you

/guys eyes
-
am i really all the things that are outside of me?
would i complete myself without the things i like around?
does the music that i make play on my awkward face?
do you appreciate the subtleties of taste buds?

/taste
-
lion in a coma, lion in a coma
who wants to smell the fine aroma,
lion in a coma, lion in a coma
who wants to run again at home
a lion in a coma, lion in a coma
who wants to use his aching bones
a lion in a coma, lion in a coma.
don't keep lying in a coma.

/lion in a coma
-
no more runnin
i've got to breathe
on back porches with the torch of a
firefly-lit tree

it's what i'd hoped for
no more runnin

well, lock my bones and trip my feet
tell them, find a place to be
stick like candy in your teeth
will you lose your faith in me?

/no more runnin
-
you got to weigh what you say
to help you shape the way you play
you gotta get rid of the mourning
sort out the habits of your mind

you're halfway 'til you're fully grown
you've got a real good shot
won't help to hold inside
give a real, give a real
shout out

/brother sport

lyrical collective posted the lyrics of merriweather post pavilion.
--

--
jen stark is a very good artist.







No comments:

About Me

My photo
i don't like it--i love it. if i don't love it, i don't swallow.